RSS Workshop: We organized a workshop on heterogeneous multi-robot coordination at RSS 2020. Full program (including recorded talks and panel discussions) can be found here!
ICRA Workshop: We organized a workshop on interactive robot learning at ICRA 2020. Full program (including recorded talks and panel discussions) can be found here!
LfD Survey: Our review of recent advances in robot LfD has been published in the Annual Review of Control, Robotics and Autonomous Systems. [eprint]
Who I am:
I am currently a Research Scientist in Georgia Tech’s School of Interactive Computing.
What I do:
I spend most of my time trying to trick people (and sometimes myself!) into thinking robots are smart and collaborative. To aid this illusion, I study the areas of robot learning, human-robot interaction, and multi-agent systems. My work contributes to collaborative agents that can learn to reliably operate in dynamic and unstructured environments, while leveraging and enhancing their interactions with humans.
I received my Ph.D. from the University of Connecticut (UConn) in 2018, where I worked with Ashwin Dani and was a Graduate Fellow of the UTC Institute for Advanced Systems Engineering (UTC-IASE). As part of my dissertation, I developed computational methods for (i) learning robot movement primitives from demonstrations with strong theoretical guarantees, and (ii) probabilistic inference of the intentions of human partners during close-proximity physical collaboration. I received my M.S. from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Florida in 2014, and my B.E. in Instrumentation and Control Engineering from Anna University, Chennai, India in 2012.
In other news…
- Our paper on trajectory optimization for anticipatory human-robot collaboration is accepted for IROS, 2020.
- Our paper on incorporating dynamic traits into the coordination of multi-agent systems is accepted for IROS, 2020.
- Courtesy of Covid-19, I gave my first-ever remote seminar for some folks at University of California, San Diego (April 2020).
- I received the College of Computing’s Outstanding Research Scientist Award at Georgia Tech (April 2020).
- Our paper on multi-agent task assignment was accepted for publication in Journal of Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems (J-AAMAS). [preprint]
- I will be at the CRA Career Mentoring Workshop in Washington, D.C. during Feb 27-28.
- Our paper on a framework for geometrically-consistent learning and combination of sub-task policies is accepted for presentation at the Conference on Robot Learning (CoRL) 2019. [paper]
- We won the FetchIt! mobile manipulation challenge at ICRA (May 2019). [link]
- Traveling to Montreal to present our paper on multi-coordinate cost balancing for learning from demonstration at ICRA (May 2019). [paper] [preprint]
- I received the College of Computing’s Outstanding Post-Doctoral Research Award at Georgia Tech (April 2019).
- I will be in Austin, TX. during Jan 15-18, 2019, to present our recent work on multi-agent task assignment at the Army Science Planning and Strategy Meeting.